If you are an energetic and ambitious individual looking to work in a fast paced and exciting environment, this role could be for you! We ask you to have a proven sales track record and experience of researching new clients and identifying new market trends.
Sporting Group International, a global sports marketing and sponsorship agency, are looking for a dynamic Sponsorship Sales Executive who is able to "hit the ground running" and help to shape the next phase of our incredible journey, prospecting and connecting with some of the biggest brands in the world.
Typical tasks will include lead generation via outbound sales working through targeted call/email lists and social media (e.g. LinkedIn.) You may also be involved in responding to inbound enquiries and supporting the Head of Sponsorship with other ad-hoc sales and marketing initiatives. You will be required to generate new sponsorship opportunities for the Head of Sponsorship which will go on to have a high conversion rate and utilise SGI’s CRM system to manage key data and information.
Identifying new business opportunities:
- Support Head of Sponsorship to identify new business opportunities.
- Research global client lists using our state of the art software to identify new business opportunities in line with the Sponsorship teams strategy.
- Scan the market and competition to identify new trends and opportunities.
- Achieve set sales targets
Responsibilities – Sponsorship Sales
- Provide a dedicated and consistently high level of service to prospective and current Partners
- Build detailed knowledge of Partner’s businesses
- Provide detailed updates on the status of Partner activity on a regular basis
- Proactive sales role
- Key account management
- Research new leads
- To maintain accurate, database records of all accounts, detailing content of all meetings and telephone conversations held with clients via Sporting Group International CRM
- Assist as required in chasing up and converting existing business via established relationships
- Ability to identify opportunities and show initiative
- Identify relevant leads
- Communicate the value of a sports sponsorship/partnership to new leads
- Liaise with global top-tier current and potential clients
- Carry out any other reasonable tasks
Required Skills & Experience
- Experience of generating new business leads & account management
- Achieving weekly/monthly targets
- Proven background working in a proactive sales role – in either sport, media or hospitality
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills at all levels both internally and externally with ability to build and manage successful business relationships
- Outstanding communication, organisational skills, time management & verbal skills
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and prioritise work in a demanding environment
- Pro-active approach with ability to work under own initiative and also in a team
- Experience with CRM reporting
- Must be skilled and comfortable with using MS Office – Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Be a team player
- Commercial acumen
- Experience of managing multiple client accounts, preferably in a sponsorship or marketing environment
- Process driven with strong analytical and research skills
- Ability to follow key trends and apply them and integrate them into a strategic approach
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possession of level of gravitas with ability to confidently present business cases to senior management
- Ability to be flexible with work duties and hours as required by the team and business
- Good attention to detail and takes responsibility for the accuracy of their work
- High energy; ability to remain focused on sales goals and work independently
- Must possess a genuine desire to exceed both consumer expectations and sales
- Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK
- Full UK driving license (desired)
- Minimum 5 GCSE grades A*-C including English and Maths
- Degree in relevant subject related to the business
Competitive Salary + Commission on all sales
Company Pension Scheme (after successful completion of probation)
25 days of annual leave + Bank Holidays, rising by 1 day a year for every year employed by the company (capped at 30 days)
Sporting Group International celebrate diversity and embraces equal opportunities for all. We welcome applications from all candidates regardless of age, race, disability, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, sexual orientation, marriage and civil partnership, sex and religion or belief.